Some random things I've wanted to blog about for a few days but they didn't seem too significant to post on their own so I'm just going to jumble them all together:
1) Latest update on the baby Avery situation: She had surgery Monday morning and they removed all of the massive tumor except the parts mixed in with muscle. She had Lipoma (which Chris correctly guessed it was a week ago after googling her symptoms - he's so smart :). "Lipoma is a benign tumor composed of fatty tissue. These are the most common form of soft tissue tumor. Lipomas are soft to the touch, usually moveable, and are generally painless. Many lipomas are small (under one centimeter diameter) but can enlarge to sizes greater than six centimeters. Lipomas are commonly found in adults from 40 to 60 years of age, but can also be found in children. Some sources say that malignant transformation can occur, while others claim that this has never been convincingly documented." I'm so happy and relieved that the surgery went well and Avery will be fine. I can't wait to talk to her about all of this when she gets older.
2) This is some clever advertising by Papa John's pizza.
My only issue is I would rip it off the door before I even realized what it was. I don't know about you, but our door is covered in tape and adhesive residue from all the signs and notices taped to our door over the decades.
3) Inhabitat.com is a weblog devoted to the future of design, tracking the innovations in technology, practices and materials that are pushing architecture and home design towards a smarter and more sustainable future. I NEED this portable cardboard table. Usually I just plop myself down in front of the TV and sit cross-legged on the floor while I'm crafting. It's not very comfortable but that's how I've always worked. This table would make my life much easier and I'm sure my back would be much appreciative.
4) Susan Farrington (I discovered her on LillaRogers.com) has the best idea for altering seashells of all things. She's covered them with googley eyes, buttons, ribbon trim, feathers, beads and more. They're so pretty. I'd like to hang them on my bathroom wall to remind me of the beach.
5) If I were to ever go barefoot I would want to spice up my feet with some of these. They make me want to run barefoot on the beach. (I must really want to be on the beach.)
Etsy seller Bohemian Vintage has some neat things offer in her shop - check 'em out.
6) At work we're going to do a creative activity: screen printing. I'm going to make a t-shirt with this on it (of course) and wear it to the midnight book release party at the BYU Bookstore:
I'm also going to make a t-shirt (or two or three) with one of these chandeliers on it which is more wearable than the Twilight shirt. I love the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator - I used it to make all of these.
7) I found these CD dividers while perusing UncommonGoods.com. I'd use them to organize our DVD collection or alphabetize our bookshelves.
8) Speaking of DVDs, I started listening to my DVDs at work alphabetically on Tuesday May 27th and I'm only on The Best Two Years. I'm not even through the Bs! This is going to take a bit longer than I thought it would.
9) Happy Thursday! (Too bad there's not a new LOST on tonight, KWIM?)