Nice, France Scalloped Mini Album


Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I've been in a mini-makin' mood lately and here is a new one featuring my 1st collection with Pink Paislee called Fancy Free and the scalloped mini album cut file from Silhouette!


In case you didn't know already... my Silhouette Cameo is my best friend :) It made this entire album come together so quickly! And I learned a really cool feature that Silhouette Studio can do in the process:
97% of the album is made with Fancy Free and the other 3% is from my stash or Oh My Heart.
I hand stitched or machine stitched across the bottoms of 9 of the 12 scalloped pages to give 'em some texture and make the album cohesive.
I alternated between a patterned paper and full photo throughout the book.
When it came time to embellish, I tried to keep things as simple as I could but also as interesting as possible. This is where I struggle and hopefully by practicing I will feel more comfortable making minis going forward!
You'll find lots of tangles of thread throughout - I love the homespun look messy string adds and the texture it creates.
I mixed hand written and typed journaling - the typed journaling was made either with a We R Memory Keepers Typecast Typewriter or I used a computer and the font Remington Noiseless.
On the top half of this spread I used the Oh My Heart flower stamp and made my own pattern with three colors of ink, and at the bottom I framed a collage of four mini photos with a chipboard sticker and added punched mini paper butterflies to the edges.
The top half of this spread is super simple with a bit of typed/printed journaling and a thread bow, and on the bottom I added clear sequins to the arch in the photo. Then I whipstitched around the scallops.
Subtle and pretty, shimmery and shiny!
This spread below might be my favorite, especially the bottom half. I don't think I've used the large plant box chipboard sticker before and I was so happy that it fit perfectly with this photo of the Hotel Negresco. I layered a bunch of other bits and pieces underneath the photo - the rest of the album isn't very bulky so I felt like I could get away with lots of layers here.
The bottom half is all hand stitched over Paper 02 from Fancy Free. It's probably my favorite single page in the entire album because I love hand stitching :)
A closer look at the layers:
The last spread includes a list of my favorite memories from the day and a full family photo. And that about does it!
To hold the album all together I used two 1" binder rings through the holes that were already die cut in the pages. I think I will go back and add some bits and baubles dangling from the rings.
From start to finish this album took less than 24 hours to make including 8 hours of sleep, eating meals, mommying, errands, etc. The Cameo did most of the work for me, it was just a matter of embellishing and assembling!
Here is a flip through of the album:
I hope you'll give this style of mini album a try and share what you make, I'd LOVE to see!
SUPPLIES: Patterned paper, die cuts, Thickers, chipboard, puffy stickers: Fancy Free by Paige Evans / Pink Paislee; Scalloped mini album cut file: Lori Whitlock; Cardstock, pen, adhesive: American Crafts; Sewing machine: Brother; Thread: Coats & Clark; Stamping ink: StazOn (black), Studio Calico (colored); Paint: DecoArt; Embroidery floss: DMC; Butterfly punches: Martha Stewart Crafts

3 comments

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I love love love the thick hand stitching and loving the scalloped edges!!!!! You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO going to do this! I still haven't made an album for our honeymoon in Hawaii in 2015, so this would be a beautiful alternative to the types of albums I usually make! And I'm really happy to see that you included photos that aren't a page in and of themselves because I already have several Instax photos and whatnot from the trip and now I know how I can include them :) Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Paige Taylor Evans © // Quinn Creatives DESIGN