The One with Home Sweet Home Days 2, 3, and 4

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Every morning in Washington I woke up to this:
My Morning View
The sun rises at 5:30 am and sets at 9pm. In LA it rises at 6am and sets at 8pm. So the days in Washington are noticeable longer, which is nice because I feel like I accomplish more.

Friday morning my mom, sister, and I ate breakfast at Mikie's Bagels (my all-time favorite bagel place), then Allie went to work at Ben Franklin. I had to get some supplies at Ben Franklin to make some projects for the October/November issue of Simply Handmade so we went inside and shopped for at least an hour. I get swept away by all the crafty things. Then my mom and I ran some errands and went home. At home I got to work making the projects and my mom tried to get me into the show GLEE. I wasn't really watching, I was focused on what I was making, but I think if I gave it another shot with my undivided attention I could get into it. We were supposed to go up to the cabin at Lake Wenatchee to spend the night and next day, but I just didn't feel like it so instead we stayed home and my mom made the most amazingly delicious quesadillas with Cafe Rio style salad dressing and we watched a red box movie (When In Rome - I give it a 6 out of 10) and ate Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream. Yeah, I gained 2 pounds while on vacation. Not even gonna say how much I've gained so's bad news bears.

What did I do on Saturday?? helps to take pictures and stick to an itinerary! But I didn't do either! I know at some point my mom, dad, and I went back to Ben Franklin because I ran out of ribbon for one of my projects and we went and visited Allie who was working at the Ben Franklin booth at Derby Days. Back at home I finished a couple of projects then started on some fun things for Fox's room:
When Allie got home from work we hit up Bellevue Square mall and shopped to our heart's content. We wanted to go see Eclipse at the end of the night, me for the second time and her for the first time, but Allie was too tired so we came home instead. My dad spontaneously decided to order pizza which he went and picked up in Kirkland and we ate at like 10pm at night. I have a Paige Special that I always get and which I'm trying to convert people to: pepperoni, sausage, pineapple, and fresh tomatoes. It's yummy. Allie and I fell asleep watching Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.

Sunday we went to church, came home, then I went up into the attic and salvaged all my childhood Dr. Seuss and Bernstein Bears books (among others), which I put in a box and have to remind my family to bring out to Utah in August so I can take them home with me and give them to Fox. I also got to chat with Kelsey, the winner of my 700th post giveaway. It's always fun to see her and find out what's going on with everyone in the neighborhood. We ate Cincinnati Chili for dinner and chatted for hours. Then Allie came up to my room and we watched Legally Blonde but we both fell asleep instantly.

Monday morning I woke up at 5am and we headed to the airport. It was jam packed when we got there and I seriously didn't think I'd make my flight. I boarded the plane at 7am, the third to last person on, and we took off at 7:10am. I checked a heavy bag (the maximum weight before you pay a hefty $50 fee is 50 pounds and my bag was 45!) and I also checked a flat box with my red spray painted frame (see above). My bag made it to LA. My frame didn't. I was bummed. But later that evening they called and said they found it and it was delivered at 9:30pm. I went straight from the airport to work. Talk about going right back to the grindstone! Vacation is officially over!

I had so much fun, almost too much fun, at home. I'm counting down the days until I see my family again - 40.

Just for good measure, here's how I'm measuring around the belly these days:
26+ weeks. 94 days to go!
Paige Taylor Evans © // Quinn Creatives DESIGN