I subscribed to Martha Stewart magazine a few weeks ago and got my first issue in the mail Thursday. As I was flipping through it there was an ad for Hershey's® Kisses® along with a recipe for Peanut Butter Kisses® Cookies. So today I made some! Mmmmm. Got milk?
48 Hershey's® Kisses®
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 - 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
dish of granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 375° F. Remove foil from Kisses®.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
4. Roll dough into 1-inch balls in your hands. Roll in a dish of granulated sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate Kiss® into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around the edges. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
Yields about 4 dozen cookies.