Pick-Me-Up Card Trio by Zsoka Marko

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Feast your eyes on this beautiful set of cards by design team member Zsoka Marko featuring Pick-Me-Up and my cut files!

Hello lovelies, I'm back today with a card trio I've made for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team. First I picked out my color scheme - it's very hard to stay away from those berry tones in the gorgeous Pick-Me-Up collection, but I challenged myself and chose blues and yellows for my main colors. All three cards are 5.5x5.5" top folding cards.
  On the first one I've used the Geometric Flower cut file. I used a sketch pen to draw the design with my Silhouette Cameo then hand stitched it with different shades of yellow/green/blue embroidery floss.
I adhered a 5.5" square blue patterned paper to my card base then added a slightly smaller yellow patterned paper. Finally I attached my 5x5" hand stitched panel on top using foam adhesive. I fussy cut a few butterflies from one of the patterned papers and scattered them around the hand stitched area. My sentiment consists of a die cut from the ephemera pack and a chipboard piece. To finish off my card, I added a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Glaze here and there.
I wanted to add hand stitched flowers on the second card but then my laziness got the best of me haha! You'll see in the close-ups that I sketched out the design with my Silhouette Cameo - I used the Simple Flower Background cut file first. Then I decided to cut the little flowers from a few different patterned papers and create a dimensional, gradient look instead. The sketch lines were still helpful, this way at least it was very fast to line up those flowers!
I glued a 5.5" square blue patterned paper onto my card base, then added a slightly smaller piece of green, and last my yellow card front. I added foam dots to the flowers and adhered them to the card front. The sentiment I picked comes from the 2x2 Paper Pad. I glued this onto the flowers then added a frame from the Ephemera Die Cuts. To create more dimension I used foam adhesive. I didn't want to cover up more of the background so I only added a flower die cut, a puffy sticker, and a bow die cut to the frame.
On my final card I've used the Flower in Wreath cut file, which I cut from yellow patterned paper. I backed each flower center with some navy patterned paper then decided to die cut the wreath again from a lighter yellow patterned paper, this time only the outlines. I added a 5.5" square piece of navy floral patterned paper to my card base, then I adhered the flower outline die cut onto it using some foam adhesive. I also kept the inside piece and glued it down in the middle with my ATG. I like the different layers.
I then added some pop dots to my flower centers and glued the wreath on top of the other, but actually turned it a bit, so that the bottom layer doesn't back the flowers on top. I punched a yellow circle for the middle then added foam adhesive and my circle sentiment on top. To finish off this card I placed a butterfly and a bow on it.
That's it for today! I hope you like how these turned out and can use one of the techniques I showcased today!

Blog: apocketfullofscrap.blogspot.com / Instagram: @zsokamarko / Facebook: Zsoka Marko / YouTube: Zsoka Marko


  1. Ohhhhhhhhh these are just gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures and the layers!!!!


Paige Taylor Evans © // Quinn Creatives DESIGN