1. Let's just get this one out of the way. I'm obsessed with Twilight. Duh. I read the first three books in four days, went to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn, took screen shots of each and every single page of the Midnight Sun manuscript just so I could print it (see the stack of white pages on the left side of the pic? That's my Midnight Sun). I've got a countdown widget to New Moon on the side of my blog. I screen printed t-shirts with the book titles on them. I've been to Forks. 'Nuf said.
2. Shoes. My parents knew it was going to be bad when "shoes" was one of my first words. Or the time when I was just a little tyke and we walked into a shoe store and I exclaimed, "Shoooooes!" at the top of my lungs. A few years ago I took a picture of each pair of shoes I owned, printed them out and used the pictures to make a mini album in my monthly article of Scrapbook Trends called One Amazing Album. Some of my shoes have interesting stories okay?!? Like these ones. I got them in Madrid, Spain while visiting my grandparents on their mission.They're so cool even IKEA wanted a pair for their photoshoot: Page 173 of the new 2010 catalog, right behind that printed #10, those are my shoes! I don't know how many pairs of shoes I own. I've lost track.
3. DVDs. Chris and I have small (cough cough) collection. It's slowed down like 95% since our favorite used DVD place went out of business a couple years ago - Big Daddy's may you RIP. My favorite thing is, every night when we're both finished with school and work and odd jobs, we just sit down, relax, and watch a movie. Granted I only stay awake for about 10 minutes before passing out...but it's the thought that counts.
4. Cafe Rio. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Their pork salad and pork burrito are the best things ever to have graced my mouth's presence. I'm so going to miss Cafe Rio when we move. It's just that good.
5. Another duh: scrapbooking. Where would I be now if I hadn't walked into Yesterday's Scrapbooking and Stuff when I was 16 years old and asked for an application? It's scary to think about. That one day when I was 16 changed my life forever. If not for that job, I wouldn't be where I am today. Here is a link to my picasa album of my scrapbooking creations. Please don't judge, some of these things I made before 'Nam.6.I love animals. I really really really really do. I can't get enough of them. I have a cat, rabbit, chinchilla, conure, two finches and a fish. We haven't gotten anything new since Rachel the cat in September of 07. Nothing has died since then. My animals like to live a long time. I once had a goldfish that lived for 8 or 9 years. This is "him."He started off about an inch long and died about 8" long and 2" wide. More like a karp! Hence his name, Karp.
|My Scrapbook Creations|
7. Google.Including but not limited to: Gmail/Calendar/Picasa Web Albums/Reader/Documents. My life literally revolves around these programs. 10 hours of the day I've got these tabs open in my internet browser.Gmail for email, obviously, Calendar to keep my life organized to a "T", Picasa Web Albums is where I upload all of my pictures just in case my computer crashes, Reader where I read everyone's blog, and Documents where I upload everything that's important to me.
8. Blogging. One of my newer obsessions. I love blogging and reading blogs. It gives me something to look forward to each day.
9. The Target Weekly ad. Every Sunday morning as soon as I wake up I run to the computer and check out the sales at Target via their Weekly Ad. Target is my weakness.
10. Last but certainly not least, I am obsessed with candy. (Apparently so is my bird, Jadis)I'm a "sucker" (get it? sucker! ha!) for anything fruity and chewy. My favorite artificial flavor is cherry. I love Starbursts, Now and Laters, Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews, Nerds, Laffy Taffy, and on and on. I also love me some frozen Twix and Milky Ways. I had a dream the other night that I was trick-or-treating. My obsession is getting worse with age.
That's me in a nutshell!